The front porch is a haven for personalization. No matter how you utilize this exterior space it’s a great opportunity to maximize function and enhance the curb appeal of your home.
Here are a few of our favorite tips for prepping the front porch for spring.
- Start with a clean slate. A quick sweep or power wash will help set the stage for your porch décor.
- Refresh porch lighting. Give your porch lights a spring cleaning or replace rusted or outdated lights to help brighten the space.
- Add a few potted plants. There’s no better way to enhance an outdoor space than with potted plants. Choose your favorite and see what a difference they can make.
- Measure for lounge seating. Even a smaller front porch can often accommodate a cozy rocking chair or wicker seating. Consider how many people you envision lounging in the space and create a design to enhance the porch sitting experience.
- Feature your front door. A fresh coat of paint and new hardware may be just the thing your front porch needs. Go bold with a new door color or simply add a colorful spring wreath to make your entrance pop.
- Soften the look with rugs. Measure your porch to determine what size welcome mat and/or outdoor area rug would fit the space to add a soft, inviting area for those barefoot spring and summer days.